Friday, November 12, 2010

My word is as good as quicksand

I guess I can understand why Mr. Harper seems to think that it is up to himself and his cronies to choose if troops stay overseas, away from their family and loved ones. He is after all carying out Gods divine will on earth so how could we besmirch him for making such simple decisions without the consent of those for whom he is deciding.

Honestly I am very sick of all this crap. when harper says

“My position is if you’re going to put troops into combat, into a war situation, I do think for the sake of legitimacy, I do think the government does require the support of Parliament,” he said. “But when we’re talking simply about technical or training missions, I think that is something the executive can do on its own.”

what I hear is this.

"The interests of our allies and our business relations far out weight the interests of the men and women who will be put into dangerous situations and taken away from their family and friends for long periods of time. If they were stupid enough to join the army, they will not play their proper role as pawns of the state to serve my interest."

Now ofcourse no PM with half a mind would actually come out and say that, and I am in no way a qualified expert to impose my interpretation on a speaker or the public, but I wonder how many people get the same of a similar feeling from the above mentioned statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment